Deliciously refreshing to eat, on a hot, steamy day. The mango gives this recipe a wonderful, creamy taste; zingy on the tongue, with the addition of the lime and lemon. This frozen dessert is great for sharing or just for eating on your own! Serves 8
- 100 ml water
- 180 ml granulated sugar
- 2 large stringless mangos, (approximately 500 ml purée)
- Juice and rind of 1 lime
- Juice and rind of 1 lemon
- Sprigs of mint
- Place water and sugar into a heavy-based saucepan over moderate heat, until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat and cool.
- Peel mangos; remove the flesh, and place it into a food processor or liquidizer. The process to a smooth purée.
- Add in the lime, and lemon rind and juice; process again.
- Add the cooled sugar syrup to the fruit purée; process, to combine.
- Place into a shallow, plastic container, and freeze. Once the mixture starts to form ice crystals around the edges, give it a stir, and continue to freeze. Do this a few more times, until the granite has frozen completely. Alternatively, freeze; then place the mixture back into the food processor or liquidizer; blend for a minute or two to break up the ice crystals.
- Place scoops into small shot glasses; top with mint sprig; serve with a small spoon.
Remember to shop all your kitchen essentials on http://www.hirschs.co.za