This salad is bursting with freshness and flavour; a must make when these fruits and salad ingredients are plentiful. Serves 4 – 6
- 1 bag mixed lettuce leaves
- A handful of fresh rocket
- 2 – 3 avocado pears, sliced
- 1 large or 2 small pawpaws, cubed
- 1 punnet strawberries, quarteredDressing:
- 125 ml sugar
- 2.5 ml mustard powder
- 125 ml onion, chopped
- 125 ml fruit
- 1 x 440 g tin strawberries, including the juice
- Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor, including the juice from the tinned strawberries and blitz until smooth; or using a jug, add dressing ingredients and use a plunge blender to blend until smooth.
- On a flat platter, place the lettuce leaves down first and then sprinkle fresh rocket on top of the leaves.
- Place sliced avocado pears on top of rocket, then the cubed pawpaw, and sprinkle strawberries on top.
- Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad.
Tip: • Add a little lemon juice to the avocado pear to prevent discolouration.