Wow! This salad is bursting with freshness and flavour; a must make when these fruits and salad ingredients are plentiful.
Serves 4 – 6
- 1 bag mixed lettuce leaves
- Handful of fresh rocket
- 2 – 3 avocado pears, sliced
- 1 large or 2 small pawpaws, cubed
- 1 punnet strawberries, quartered
- 125 ml sugar
- 2.5 ml mustard powder
- 125 ml onion, chopped
- 125 ml fruit vinegar
- 1 x 440 g tin strawberries, including the juice
1. Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor, including the juice from the tinned strawberries and blitz until smooth; or using a jug, add dressing ingredients and use a plunge blender to blend until smooth.
2. On a flat platter, place the lettuce leaves down first and then sprinkle fresh rocket on top of the leaves.
3. Place sliced avocado pears on top of rocket, then the cubed pawpaw, and sprinkle strawberries on top.
4. Just before serving, pour dressing over the salad.
• Add a little lemon juice to the avocado pear to prevent discolouration.