Scrumptious Hedgehog Rolls are creative, fun and interactive, what better to develop your children’s cooking skills.
You will need the following ingredients
- Make the bread mixture with the butter following pack instructions. It’s easiest to use a stand mixer but not difficult to do by hand. Leave the dough to rest for 5 mins, then knead for 5 mins.
- Cut the dough into six pieces. Dust the surface with a little flour and shape each piece into a ball by rolling it between your hand. Now make it hedgehog-shaped by pulling one side out a little and squeezing it gently into a snout. Be quite firm or it will bounce back.
- Put the hedgehogs on a baking sheet, cover with a damp tea towel and leave to rise for 1 hr.
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Using kitchen scissors (supervise younger children), carefully snip into the dough to make the spikes on the backs of the hedgehogs. Press raisins in for the eyes and push a flaked almond into the end of each snout.
- Bake for 15 mins or until the rolls are risen and golden. Will keep for two days in an airtight container.
Remember to grab your kitchen essentials here. Stay tuned to my daily blog for exciting recipes, networking sessions, product knowledge and much more.
Blog credit Good Food magazine