Frying has been a favourite and super flavourful way to cook over the centuries. That crispy deliciousness is truly unbeatable. The downside is that food cooked in large amounts of oil is just not healthy. Enter the AIRFRYER!! Airfrying food requires a miniscule amount of oil, but still produces crispy, delicious food. The Air fryer is user friendly and produces excellent tasting “fried” food, quickly and economically. Most air fryers are not just limited to frying. They bake and roast as well!
Other added benefits:
- They prevent food from becoming dry on the inside, while still creating a crispy texture on the outside.
- They are user friendly and safe! They come with a simple timer, so you can walk away from the frying food without worrying about oil splattering, grease fires or burning or sticking food.
- Air fryers are easy to clean and easy to maintain. Most parts disassemble and are dishwasher safe.
Visit Hirsch’s website on www.hirschs.co.za for the range of Airfryers in stock.
Try this delicious battered cauliflower dish – crispy on the outside and soft inside!
1 head of cauliflower florets
1/2 cup milk, to make the dish vegan choose your favourite vegan milk
1/2 cup water
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. smoked paprika
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- Combine all dry ingredients into a mixing bowl.
- Whisk in water and milk until no lumps appear
- Add cauliflower florets to the mix and coat in the batter
- Remove the florets from the mix and place on tray to remove excess batter
- Place the florets in the Airfryer basket and bake for +- 15minutes at 180*C
- Remove from basket and serve with favourite dipping sauce or as a side dish.