Absolutely stunning in looks and taste and so great for those on a diet – this little low-calorie and fat-free jewels can either be served as a starter or as a pre-dinner snack.
Serves 8 – 10 as a snack, or 4 as a starter – using larger rice cakes or poppadoms
Ingredients : Poppadom or rice-cake mini-bites
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 ripe mangoes or nectarines: peeled and finely diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped ½ green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 50 ml fresh coriander, chopped
- Rind and juice of l lime
- 2 ml brown sugar
- Seeds of half a pomegranate 30 mini poppadoms, cooked, or rice cakes
Method : Poppadom or rice-cake mini-bites
- Mix together all ingredients except poppadoms or rice cakes. Set mixture aside prior to serving.
- Place filling onto poppadoms or rice cakes and serve immediately.
- Garnish with a little extra coriander and rind of a lime.
• Cook poppadoms in shallow sunflower oil until they puff up. Drain well on paper towel before using.
• Serve with a side salad when making larger servings.
• If the mangoes are on the small side, use two mangoes.
• Sprinkle a little finely grated biltong over.