Vegetables and a carbohydrate all-in-one meal, or serve as an accompaniment to a braai, or with roast chicken, lamb, or beef.
Ingredients Spicy Garden Couscous:
- 250 ml dried couscous
- 750 ml vegetable stock or water
- 15 ml olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 15 ml finely chopped
- Fresh ginger root
- 4 carrots, cut into julienne strips
- Pinch red hot pepper flakes
- 2 ml ground coriander
- 2 courgettes, cut in diagonal slices
- 1 red pepper, cut into small cubes
- 60 g mange tout, cut in halves, lengthwise
Method Spicy Garden Couscous:
- Place couscous in a large bowl and add 250 ml boiling stock or water. Cover the bowl and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic and ginger and sauté until onions are transparent.
- Add carrots, red pepper flakes, ground coriander, and remaining stock. Bring to the boil, reduce heat, cover, and cook for 10 minutes. Add courgettes, and cook a further 3 minutes. Add red pepper and mange tout; cook uncovered for a further 5 minutes.
- Fluff couscous with a fork. Add vegetables and gently mix into the couscous. Add any extra cooking liquid if the mixture is very dry. Add seasoning to taste if necessary.
- Mix, and serve.
Remember to grab your kitchen essentials here. Stay tuned for exciting recipes, networking sessions, product knowledge and much more.