Best-ever Choc-Nut Brownies
By popular demand we include had to include our Best-ever Choc-Nut Brownie recipe; look no further: this is the ultimate brownie recipe!
Makes 16 large squares or 36 small squares
Ingredients Best-ever Choc-Nut Brownies:
- 180 g butter or margarine (180 ml)
- 400 g dark cooking chocolate, broken into pieces
- 4 extra-large eggs
- 280 g granulated sugar (350 ml)
- 10 ml vanilla essence
- 70 g cake flour (125 ml), sifted
- 250 g white or dark chocolate, chopped
- 200 g pecan nuts, chopped (500 ml)
Method Best-ever Choc-Nut Brownies:
- Preheat convection oven to 160°C/140ºC fan/ Gas mark 3.
- Grease and line with baking paper 1 large tin, or two 18 x 26 cm baking tins; grease paper again.
- Place butter and chocolate into a large glass jug or bowl. Microwave on 100% power for 2 – 3 minutes,
stirring each minute until the butter has melted and chocolate is smooth.
- Beat eggs and sugar with an electric mixer, on high speed, until thick and light in colour.
- Beat in vanilla essence; then add in the melted butter and chocolate.
- Fold in flour, white or dark chocolate pieces, and nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until a tester comes out almost clean. Settle for a moister than the dry result.
- Allow cooling in the tin. Cut into portions with a wet knife.
- Store in a sealed plastic container for a few days, or freeze.
- Dust with icing sugar before serving.
- For extra ‘wow’ – grate a slab of dark and white chocolate over the brownies when serving.
• Add in 1 small packet Malteser chocolate balls in step 5. Omit chopped white chocolate.
• Nut allergy or just don’t have any nuts? Leave them out and the recipe still works very well.
Best matched with Nespresso Citiz & Milk Red – C123-ZA-CR-NE
Remember to grab your kitchen essentials here. Stay tuned for exciting recipes, networking sessions, product knowledge and much more.