We all need a little something yummy now and again! And today’s treat is kind to your waistline and pocket! We absolutely love being able to whip up this cake in a mug in just 3 minutes – perfect for when a friend pops around unexpectedly for a cup of tea. You will only need a mug, tablespoon, teaspoon and a fork – fabulously easy for washing up too!
There are only 4 blueberries in this delicious cake, but they pack a nutrient dense punch! These little blue super foods contain loads of vitamin C, vitamin K, fibre and antioxidants. Antioxidants are well known for protecting the body from free radicals that cause disease and aging.
Blueberry mug cake (serves 1)
Cost of ingredients in June 2020: Approximately R5 per mug
plus R3.50 for the coconut cream if you would like to add it
- 3 tbsp milk (for Vegans, use coconut milk or another alternative to milk)
- pinch of lemon zest
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- pinch bicarbonate of soda
- 4 fresh or frozen blueberries
- Serve with cream or coconut cream
- You can make this as individual desserts for a dinner party too!
- Pour the milk, lemon zest and juice in a mug. Stir and leave it for 2-3 minutes to curdle.
- Stir in the sunflower oil, flour, sugar, and bicarbonate of soda and mix it well with a fork.
- Plop 4 blueberries on the top and microwave on high for 1 and a half minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve with a few spoonsful of whipped cream or coconut cream and enjoy straight away!
Remember that being fit and healthy is 80% nutrition and 20% exercise and that Liviya Nutrition and Fitness is here to guide you – every step of the way.
We are busy creating a subscription-based wellness website where our internationally qualified nutritionist will take you on a nutrition journey and our step-by-step exercise videos (developed by professional sport scientists) will help you to achieve your fitness goals and stay motivated.
With Liviya Nutrition and Fitness as your lifestyle coach, you can now afford to live healthily.