Indulge in home-crafted pizza from Smeg. Smeg ovens have smart technology designed for cooking delicious and tasty pizza.
For amazing, pizzeria-style pizza, please follow these three easy steps:
- Remove all oven shelves from inside the oven.
- Select the traditional (top and bottom) function or the pizza function and set the oven to the maximum temperature (250-280°C).
- Once the oven has reached the selected temperature, remember to bring the heat down to 180 200°C, place in the pizza and bake for approximately 20/25 mins, then serve. NB: A pizza with a thicker base may take 1-2 minutes longer.
Shop our stunning range of ovens here:
- Smeg 60cm Stainless Steel Oven – SF6390XE
- Smeg 60cm Linea Vapor Clean Oven – SF6101TVS
- Smeg Dolce Novo Copper Trim Pryolytic Oven – SFP6604NRE
- Smeg 60cm Stainless Steel Classic Oven – SF6385XSA
- Smeg 70cm Stainless Steel Oven – SF7390X
- Smeg 60cm Stainless Steel Double Electric Classic Oven – DOSF6390X
- To help prevent the pizza dough from sticking to the worktop when you are kneading it, try using semolina instead of flour as this will give you a better result.
- For a final flourish of flavour, finish off the pizza with your favourite flavoured oil* or fresh herbs.
- Add just a thin layer of tomato sauce, this prevents the dough from getting soggy.
- Precook your toppings
- If you like oil on your pizza, it is best to add this after you remove the pizza from the oven. This will help avoid baked-on oil stains on the pizza stone surface which may reduce its efficiency. To clean, simply wipe with a damp cloth.
Remember to grab your kitchen essentials here. Stay tuned for exciting recipes, networking sessions, product knowledge and much more.