Today’s #WellnessWednesday recipe with Liviya Nutrition and Fitness is a high fibre, gluten free pizza. The pizza base is made from ground brown lentils which makes it low in fat and very nutritious.
Gluten free pizza (serves 6)
Cost of ingredients in August 2020: Approximately R15 per person
For the base
- 500g packet brown lentils
- 1.5 cups plain yogurt (for Vegans use coconut yogurt or coconut cream – use less cream)
- 1.5 tsp Dijon mustard
- Salt, pepper and mixed herbs
For the topping
- 100ml tomato puree
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes mixed with 1 tsp minced garlic, salt and pepper
- 250g grated mozzarella or vegan cheese
- Chopped mixed vegetables e.g. mushrooms, red onion and peppers
- Chopped basil to serve
- Blend the packet of lentils in a food processor until fine. Combine with the yogurt, mustard, salt, pepper and herbs. Roll out onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and baked at 180 degrees Celsius for 10 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and spread tomato puree over the base. Sprinkle cheese over, followed by the chopped tomatoes and other veg. Bake until golden brown and garnish with chopped basil leaves before serving.