This wonderful recipe is easy to prepare and serve for lazy days on the patio with the family or around the pool with friends. Every bite of this delectable rainbow veggie flatbread pizza is better than the last!
Serves 6 – 8
- 2 x cooked naan breads (store-bought)
- 125 ml pizza sauce, homemade or store-bought
- 60 g mozzarella cheese (OR VEGAN CHEESE) (125 ml), torn into pieces
- 4 x 250 ml of chopped/sliced colourful vegetables (such as broccoli florets, green peppers,
- yellow peppers, orange peppers, quartered baby or Rosa
- tomatoes, red onions, and thinly-sliced courgettes)
- 10 ml of olive oil
- 10 ml dried Italian seasoning
grated Parmesan cheese; red pepper flakes/dried chilli flakes; de-pipped, quartered, or halved black/green olives; artichoke quarters
1. Preheat oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan/Gas mark 7.
2. Lay out both pieces of naan bread in a single layer on a large, greased baking sheet.
3. Divide pizza sauce between the two pieces of naan bread, using a spoon to spread sauce over the top.
4. Sprinkle torn mozzarella on top of the pizza sauce. Then layer the veggies in a rainbow pattern on top of the cheese.
5. Drizzle or mist each pizza with a bit of olive oil. Then sprinkle each pizza with the Italian seasonings.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the veggies are cooked and the crust is slightly golden.
7. Remove pizzas from the oven, and sprinkle with optional toppings, if desired.
8. Slice into strips and serve warm.