Kid’s Corner: Liviya Nutrition and Fitness had a special 10 year old guest chef cook up today’s #Wellness Wednesday recipe – Taco cups – perfect for a party!
Sydney’s Taco Cups (serves 6)
Cost of ingredients in September 2020: Approximately R5.60 per person (without cheese)
- 400g pack of ready rolled shortcrust pastry
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed with a fork
- About 1/8th of a cabbage, finely chopped
- About ¼ cucumber, diced
- ½ cup of salsa (see our recipe on 18th June)
- Lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: pieces of vegan cheese or cheddar cheese
- Roll out the pastry and, using a saucer, cut 6 circles out of the pastry. Gently push the pastry circles into greased muffin cups. Brush the edges with a pastry brush and milk. Bake at 200 degrees celcius until golden brown. Allow to cool.
- Spoon the salsa and mashed avocado into the pastry cups and sprinkle with cabbage, cucumber, and cheese. Yum yum yum! Great for kids and adults!