Today’s #Wellness Wednesday recipe from Liviya Nutrition and Fitness is packed with Vitamin B, iron and vitamin C. It is also delicious and super healthy!
Roasted Beetroot and Plum salad (serves 4)
Cost of ingredients in September 2020: Approximately R24 per person
- 8 large fresh beetroot (about 1kg), peeled and chopped into bite size pieces
- 4 ripe plums, cut into wedges
- 50g mixed nuts, chopped
- 2 rounds (approx. 100g) of feta or vegan cheese, cut into blocks
- Approx 250g of beetroot or spinach leaves, chopped
- Approx 40g of wild rocket leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the dressing
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 30ml balsamic vinegar
- 1tsp Dijon mustard
- Toss the beetroot with the tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan. Season with salt and pepper and fry for approximately 30 minutes or until the beetroot is tender.
- While the beetroot is cooking, combine the dressing ingredients in a jug. Then toss the plums, nuts, feta and rocket leaves into a salad bowl.
- When the beetroot is cooked, add the beetroot leaves to the pan and allow the leaves to wilt for a few minutes. Then add the contents of the pan to the salad bowl, toss and serve with the dressing.
- Enjoy as a side dish or even a main meal!