Today’s #Wellness Wednesday recipe from Liviya Nutrition and Fitness is a super easy bread hack – perfect for when guests are coming over and you don’t have time to make bread from scratch.
Olive and Garlic Bread (makes 1 loaf)
Cost of ingredients in September 2020: Approximately R20 for 1 loaf
- 1 packet of ready-made dough (available from most supermarkets)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius (or 160 degrees for a fan assisted oven).
- Mix the olive oil, salt, garlic and olives in a ceramic or glass bowl. Place the dough in the bowl and knead it and stretch it with your hands so that the oil mixture gets inside the dough and all over it.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with baking paper and shape the dough into a loaf. Bake until golden brown.
- Once cooled, slice and serve with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. (Dip pieces of bread in the olive oil and balsamic vinegar for a real Mediterranean experience!)