STIR-FRIED CRISPY PAP
This delectable Stir-Fried Crispy Pap recipe from Chef Nti puts a creative spin on traditional pap dishes creating something that is not only sophisticated and mouthwatering but makes for a great base for any meat-free Monday!
If you would like to try more of Chef Nti’s mouthwatering recipes, you can purchase her cookbook My Modern African Kitchen here
Chef Nti’s Cookbook – My Modern African Kitchen
- 1 Cup Maize meal, plus a handful for coating
- 2 Cups Sunflower oil (for deep-frying)
- 1 Tbsp Oil (for stir-frying)
- 1 Tbsp Green curry paste
- 2 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tsp Vegetable stock in ½ Cup hot water
- 150ml Sugar
- Asparagus, trimmed and sliced diagonally
- 2 Tbsp Roasted peanuts
- Cook the maize meal according to packet instructions, to a medium but pliable consistency.
- Spread the cooked pap onto a greased baking tray, using the back of a spoon to even it out, and leave it to set.
- When it has cooled, cut it into squares, coat them in maize meal and deep-fry them,
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok or pan, add the green curry paste and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Stir the soy sauce, vegetable stock and sugar, and mix well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
- Add the asparagus and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place the deep-fried pap squares into the pan, followed by the peanuts.
- Toss to coat in sauce and serve immediately.
- Serve and enjoy your Stir-Fried Crispy Pap
Coating the pap squares with maize meal before frying them is what gives you the crunchy, golden finish.
Stir-Fried Crispy Pap
Stay tuned for exciting recipes, networking sessions, product knowledge and much more.