“Hands-on” is Jackie’s philosophy, and “don’t ever give up” her motto. The students work alongside her daily, and the school provides the opportunity to experience all things foodie in a safe and secure environment. Tuck into the amazing Recipes by Jackie Cameron below.
Graeme Taute’s Rustic Artisan Pizza Base
- 770G Bread white flour – 100%
- 15g (2 ¼ teaspoons) ORYX salt – 2 %
- 6 g (1 ½ teaspoons) instant yeast – 0.7%
- 680g ice-cold water – 88%
- Make ice-cold water by filling a jug with cold water from the fridge and topping with 8 or so cubes of ice. Wait for 2 minutes, and measure out 680g into your mixing bowl.
- Add dry ingredients, and mix at low speed using a paddle attachment until the ingredients come together. Leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Continue mixing for 5-6 minutes at high speed. The dough should begin releasing from the sides of the bowl but still, stick to the bottom. If it doesn’t release from the sides, gradually add more flour, one teaspoon at a time, until it does. If the dough seems too stiff and has released from both bottom and sides, dribble in more water.
- Once mixed, transfer to a well-oiled bowl, mist the top with spray oil, cover with cling film, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, remove the dough from the fridge and let it ferment at room temperature for 2-3 hours until doubled in size.
- Make pizza base as per demonstration on the Weber Pizza Stone with Handles.
Weber Grilled Woodview Wagyu Beef Slices with Spicy Coconut Milk, Hummus and Coriander.
Keep a tin of chickpeas in your pantry. Hummus – chickpea paste – is a quick-and-easy dip. It’s healthy and tastes good too.
Yield: 6 portions
- 740g beef
- 15ml sunflower oil
- 15g salted butter
- 1 can chick peas (strain liquid off and discard it)
- 5ml Durban masala
- 30ml lemon juice
- Fine salt and pepper
- 5g garlic
- 120ml olive oil
- Spicy sauce:
- 70g butter
- 395g onion (brunoise style or finely chopped)
- 3T spices – (15ml Durban masala; 15ml turmeric powder; 15ml coriander seed; 15ml cumin seed; 15ml cayenne pepper; 15ml fennel seed; 4 dried chillies. Pulverize or liquidize all the spices to make a powder. Yields about 120ml mixed spices.
- 200 ml coconut milk
- Fresh coriander sprigs
- Sesame seeds (we use black but optional)
- Brioche or any homemade fresh bread
- Beef: Take all sinew and excess fat off of beef fillet. Place the beef portions, as per demonstration, onto the hot and ready WEBER SEAR GRATE. Sear, place the lid on for a few minutes. Take out and allow the meat to rest. Slice the meat when cool.
- Hummus: Place all hummus ingredients into a liquidiser and liquidise on high speed until the correct consistency is reached. Place into a bowl to be served later. Garnish with chickpeas and sprinkle of paprika.
Remember to grab your kitchen essentials here. Stay tuned for exciting recipes, networking sessions, product knowledge and much more.