Liviya Nutrition and Fitness had their guest chef cook up today’s #WellnessWednesday recipe. Sydney created this super quick version of her favourite dish – pizza!
Sydney’s Bread Pizza (serves 2)
Cost of ingredients in September 2020:
Approximately R8.85 per person for non-vegans and R17.35 per person for vegans
- 8 slices brown bread (crusts removed)
- 50g tomato paste
- ¼ cup tomato and onion mix (tin)
- ½ tsp crushed garlic
- 1 cup vegan cheese or ordinary cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Set the oven to 200 degrees Celsius. Put 4 slices of bread together and press down with your fingers so that they squash together to look like a square pizza base (see photo). Repeat with the other 4 slices.
- Mix the tomato paste, tomato and onion mix, garlic, salt and pepper together in a bowl. Spread the tomato mixture evenly over the bread pizza bases. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and is golden. Perfect for a quick lunch – yum!